Our contribution to Slow Cooker Sunday. This has been a favourite of ours for a while now. We usually cook it with beef, but today we’re making it with diced lamb instead.
- Serves 4
- Cooking Temp: Low
- Cooking Time 4-6 hours
225g shallots, peeled. (chopped if you prefer)
1 garlic clove, crushed
450g Beef fillet or Lamb, cut into cubes
2 tbsp ready made masaman curry paste
2 tbsp Groundnut or vegetable oil
3 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
400ml coconut milk
2 tbsp soy sauce
150ml stock (beef or lamb)
1 tsp brown sugar
Rice or Noodles to serve.
1. Preheat the slow cooker
2. Heat the oil in a wok, add the shallots and garlic and stir fry on a medium heat until soft.
3. Add the beef/lamb cubes and curry paste – fry for 2-3 minutes until brown.
4. Add the potatoes, coconut milk, soy sauce and sugar.
5. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
6. Transfer to the slow cooker and leave for 4-6 hours.
7. When ready, serve with basmati rice or cooked noodles.
For more recipes, keep an eye on the #scsunday hashtag on twitter.